Oakbank Farm properties are offered for self catering holidays on a weekly basis, usually Saturday to Saturday (3pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure) unless otherwise agreed, subject to the following hiring terms and conditions.
1. Payment of the deposit is deemed to be a firm booking and it is assumed that the tenant has read and agrees to abide by the hiring terms and conditions which can be found on the website www.oakbankfarm.com. If accepted, the Hirer becomes liable for the full balance of charges which are payable six weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday. Non-payment of the balance of the hire charges by the due date will result in the owner treating the property as being available for re-booking and loss of deposit by the Hirer.
2. If the hirer cancels a confirmed booking they remain liable for payment of the full cost of the holiday. Upon receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation from the hirer, we will endeavor to re-let the property and if successful will make a full refund to the hirer less any expenses incurred in re-letting.
3. The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed the maximum occupancy level stated without prior consent of the owner. Owners reserve the right to terminate the occupancy of the property without notice or refund in the case of a breach of this condition. In the interests of other guests, we ask that undue or excessive noise be avoided, especially during late evening/night time.
4. The hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the hire period, fair wear and tear accepted. The hirer will make good any damage or loss and leave the property and contents in clean and tidy condition. The person held to be responsible for the hiring party will be the person who made the booking. We request that any breakages or damage is made known to us, so that repair or replacement can be affected without delay.
5. Well-controlled pets are welcome by arrangement which will normally incur an additional charge. All dogs MUST be kept on a leash while in the vicinity of Oakbank Farm as there are a number of pet ducks and chickens allowed to roam freely throughout the grounds. Persistent failure to control your pets will be deemed a breach of this contract and may result in the Owner terminating the tenancy prematurely. Pets must not be left unattended in houses at any time. .For the sake off future guests, and to assist with the cleaning commitments, those bringing pets are earnestly requested to ensure that no trace of hairs or any other matter is left at the conclusion of their stay and that you do not allow your dog onto any of the furniture and STRICTLY not into the bedrooms. Please bring your pets feeding bowls and bedding with you.
6. Bed linen, heat and power is included in the price and towels are available for hire.
7. In some cases, we may ask for a Good Housekeeping Deposit prior to the commencement of each holiday. This is returnable to the hirer less the cost of making good any damage or loss to the property or for the excessive cleaning found necessary following the period of occupation. It is a condition of the let that the hirer leaves the property and its contents clean and tidy.
8. We reserve the right to refuse to hand over properties to any person or persons who in our opinion are not suitable to take charge. In such cases 50% of the hire charges shall be refunded in full and the liability of the owner shall cease. If we are prevented, because of circumstances out with our control (e.g. fire damage, drought or the interruption of utility supplies) from putting the property at the disposal of the hirer, the hire charges shall be refunded in full but the hirer will have no further claim against the owner.
9. It is important to us that holidaymakers enjoy their holiday and every effort has been made to ensure this. However, in the unlikely event of dissatisfaction with the property or any subsequent problem, the hirer must immediately contact the owner so that the opportunity to rectify the problem is given. Under no circumstances will any refunds be considered if the property owner has not been given the opportunity to rectify any problems during the Hirer's lets
10. Specific conditions and restrictions applying to certain properties (e.g. damage surety deposits, restrictions on pets, young children etc) will be mentioned in individual property descriptions, and will be deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions.
11. The contract affected between the hirer and the owner of the property is in the terms agreed in Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 and confers on the hirer the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only.
Updated January 2016